Skip to main content

 County News

Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.

 Contact Us

Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.

Resident Information - Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

Citizens may contact the following Campbell County departments and offices for assistance with or information about the topics listed below.  If in need of a complete telephone listing with e-mail contacts, please visit the online County Directory.

Likewise, you may download a copy of the Guide to Campbell County, an information guide for residents, businesses and visitors, by clicking on the icon shown to the right.

(Calling instructions: From Altavista, please dial 592- plus the extension; From Brookneal, dial 283- plus the extension.  All others may use the 332- prefix.)

Central Purchasing – (434) 332-9670

For questions concerning:

  • Bids and proposals for Procurement;
  • auctions of surplus property (vehicles, buses, furniture, etc.);
  • requests for Sales Tax Exemption Forms;
  • becoming a Vendor with Campbell County.

 Community Development – (434) 332-9596

For questions concerning:

  • Obtaining Building and Zoning permits and inspections;
  • review and approval of subdivision plats;
  • obtaining or confirming a street address;
  • rezoning and special-use permits
  • mapping and geographic information systems (GIS);
  • erosion & sediment control, floodplains, stormwater management and land disturbance permits.

County Administration (434) 332-9525

For questions concerning:

For citizens that need copies of their marriage licenses, deeds or divorce decrees, please contact the Circuit Court Clerk's office at (434) 332-9517; for birth or death certificates, requests must be submitted to the Office of Vital Records, available online or by calling (804) 662-6200.

For individuals wishing to know if Campbell County is presently under a Burn Ban, please contact the Public Safety Department's non-emergency line at (434) 332-9540.

Economic Development (434) 332-9595

For questions concerning:

  • Industrial/Commercial properties or buildings;
  • starting or expanding a business;
  • demographic data (unemployment numbers etc.);
  • tourism;
  • incentives or assistance to start or expand a business;
  • Brookneal/Campbell County Airport;
  • Campbell County Industrial Development Authority;
  • Broadband Connectivity options.

Human Resources (434) 332-9818

For questions concerning;

  • Employment opportunities;
  • recruitment and internships;
  • employee benefits.

For individuals wishing to apply to the Sheriff's Office, Social Services or to the Campbell County Public School System, applications must be submitted through their respective departments as these organizations hire independently.

Information Technology (434) 332-9536

For questions concerning:

  • Information Technology projects and initiatives; 
  • Campbell County Website including any functionality or information users would like to see as well as any issues or problems encountered while visiting;
  • information regarding Information Technology’s Disaster Recovery (DR) plans;
  • Public Internet Access Hotspots/Locations on Campus;
  • assistive technology needs for using County services, programs, or hardware;
  • Issues related to public computers available in government facilities.

Management Services (434) 332-9566

For questions concerning:

  • Unpaid invoices which were billed by vendors to the County;
  • requests from vendors for ACH forms to receive electronic payment of invoices instead of paper checks; 

Parks and Recreation (434) 332-9570

For questions concerning:

  • Senior Programs/Senior Centers;
  • Art/Dance/Cultural Classes;
  • Special Events;
  • Athletics/Leagues;Theme Park Tickets;
  • Parks/Reserving Fields/Facilities;
  • Camping and After-Dark Fishing Permits for Long Island.

Public Library System (434) 332-9560

For questions concerning:

  • Information resources;
  • computer education;
  • internet access;
  • childhood and adult literacy needs;
  • recreational reading;
  • genealogy;
  • notary, copy, and fax services.

Public Safety For emergencies, Dial 9-1-1; Non-emergencies, please dial (434) 332-9574

For questions concerning;

  • Animal Control; (434) 332-9540;
  • Fire Department issues; (434) 332-9540;
  • EMS Department issues; (434) 332-9540;
  • Volunteering with Fire & Rescue; (434) 332-9540;
  • Rescue Billing questions; (434) 332-9540;

Real Estate Office (434) 332-9568

For questions concerning:

  • Map number for property;
  • property owner, address, year built and assessed value;
  • Acreage, square footage and sale price of property;
  • Change of mailing address for property;
  • Property values from previous years;
  • Request copy of a plat for property;
  • Review old plats/surveyor’s notes for property.

Social Services (434) 332-9585

For questions concerning:

  • Child Care Assistance;
  • Child or Adult Abuse;
  • Financial Assistance Programs;
  • Emergency needs;
  • Fuel (heating and cooling);
  • Medicaid/FAMIS;
  • SNAP(food stamps);
  • TANF (temporary assistance);
  • Unattached child;
  • Foster Parenting (becoming a foster parent);
  • Information and referral regarding social work services;
  • Long term care services for elderly and disabled;
  • Assisted living facility placement;
  • Community based services;
  • Companion services;
  • In-home care;
  • Nursing home placement;
  • Personal Care services;
  • Parenting classes;
  • Volunteer Services.

Youth, Adult and Community Services (434) 332-9572

For questions concerning:

  • the Comprehensive Services Act;
  • the RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program);
  • court ordered community service placements for youth;
  • SPF-SIG (Strategic  Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant);
  • ADA (American’s with Disability Act) compliance.