Campbell County is subject to the requirements for administering information systems as established in the Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act of Virginia (Code of Virginia, §§ 2.2-3800 through 2.2-3809).
- Campbell County does not collect personal information about you when you visit the County Web site unless you choose to provide that information.
- The Campbell County Web site collects limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a Web site. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on the County Web site, your browser and operating system, and the referring Web page.
- Campbell County uses the aggregated information from all County Web site visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns and improve the content of the County Web site.
- The County may track the keywords that are entered into the County Web site search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but does not track which terms a particular user enters.
- Some County online services require you to register for an account. Some personal information may be required to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and County resources will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as online payment services, credit card or other payment information may be requested and then stored temporarily in encrypted form on secure servers.
Additionally, the County Web site uses software for the purpose of monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and the security purposes mentioned elsewhere in this notice, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
"Personal information" is information about an individual that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. Personal information includes personal identifiers such as an individual's name, address, and phone number. A domain name or IP address is not considered personal information.
The County strives to collect the minimum information necessary to comply with applicable law or provide the requested service. The County does not sell, rent or otherwise distribute visitor's information, including electronic mail addresses, to any outside company or organization, except as provided for or required by the Code of Virginia § 2.2-3806, the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, or other law. This applies to information that may be collected on the County's site and on that of any third party with whom the County contracts to provide Internet related services.
If you choose to participate in a survey, send an email, or perform other transactions using this portal, the following additional information may be collected:
- Your email address, and contents of emails sent through the portal - for purposes of providing you with a response.
- Information volunteered in response to a survey or through online forms - for purposes identified by the survey or online form.
- Information volunteered by participating in an online transaction with the County - for purposes of completing the transaction only.
The information collected may not be limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us. The information is retained in accordance with the County’s policies.
County employees or designated representatives may use your email to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve the County Web site, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information would be used for the purpose designated.
Notice to County
Communications made through Campbell County’s Web site shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to Campbell County, its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, or agents with respect to any existing, pending, or future claim or cause of action against Campbell County or any of its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, or agents where notice is required by federal, state, or local law. No communication to Campbell County made through this Web site shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose.
This site is operated and maintained by Campbell County through the Information Technology Department (IT). Materials and information on the Campbell County Web site are provided as a public service and intended to afford general guidelines on matters of public interest.
Accordingly, the information in this site is not intended to serve as legal, accounting or tax advice. Except for the third party materials described below, the materials and information on this site were generated, compiled, or assembled at public expense and are freely available for non-commercial, non-profit use, provided the user keeps intact all associated copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
The materials and information on this site may not be "mirrored" on another server without the written permission of the County Administrator.
Attempts to upload information or change information on the Campbell County Web site are strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing by the County.
Campbell County has implemented security measures and systems into the design, implementation and day-to-day operation of its portal, underlying servers and networks. The County progressively implements new security measures as they become commerically available. Security measures are primarily to identify and/or block unauthorized intrusions, upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage to the County portal.
By confirming your subscription, the requester voluntarily acknowledges that their information will be available to Campbell County staff in order to provide the requested information. Staff will not publish, sell, or disseminate personal information; however, such information may be subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
Users choosing to engage in electronic commerce with Campbell County are ensured reasonable security measures. E-commerce transactions are performed only under tightly controlled circumstances, where there are appropriate technological and other safeguards in place to protect financial and other sensitive data.
County e-commerce systems supported on the County's web site ensure financial data remains secure and with individuals and institutions involved in the transaction. Wherever possible, financial information is not collected by the County. Rather, designated banks and service providers route the data, transfer the funds and confirm payment to both you and the County.
- If you wish to access information, the County Web site may use a session-only cookie to reserve storage on your computer in order to pass your inquiry information to a follow-on page for the purposes of retrieving requested information. The session-only cookies are erased either during web browser operation or after your web browser is shut down.
- If you wish to conduct on-line transactions, the County may use a session-only cookie when processing your request. The type of information voluntarily submitted to fulfill your request varies by transaction and may include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, social security or federal identification number, credit card number and expiration date, and/or driver license number.
Agencies requesting or providing personally identifiable health care information on the County Web site are required to certify that its health care data handling and security procedures are compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"). If such data and security services are provided to such agency by a third-party provider, the agency shall be responsible for such third party's compliance with HIPAA.
The content of Campbell County Web pages is copyrighted, and contains some third party images/graphics that are used with permission. Users are notified, therefore, that one should presume the need to obtain permission from the copyright holder before reproducing or otherwise using images/graphics from this Web site.